Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
Whether you're adding to your family through adoption or surrogacy, K-C wants to help you pay for some of your expenses with up to $10,000 in reimbursement for eligible expenses per child.
If you decide to pursue adoption or surrogacy, hold on to your receipts and documentation when you pay for the adoption or surrogacy related expenses.
Eligible Adoption & Surrogacy Expenses
Below are some of the eligible reiumbursement expenses.
- Domestic and foreign agency fees
- Travel expenses associated with the adoption or surrogacy,
- Legal fees and court costs associated with the adoption or surrogacy,
- Home inspection costs for adoption,
- Miscellaneous fees such as immigration, immunization, and translation fees
For more detailed information, view the Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Policy.
Submit for Reimbursement
You can only submit for reimbursement once the surrogacy/adoption is finalized. You must submit all expenses at one time with the Reimbursement Request Form.
Here’s how to submit for reimbursement.
1. Log in to your account at ConnectYourCare/Optum Financial.
2. From the homepage, click Make a Payment then click Reimburse Myself.
3. For the service date, select the date the adoption or surrogacy was finalized and enter the information related to the adoption or surrogacy expense.
4. After entering the information related to your adoption or surrogacy expenses in Step 3, attach your required documentation and the Reimbursement Request Form.
To receive reimbursement, your documentation must be submitted within 180 days from the finalized date of adoption or surogacy. This payment is subject to tax withholdings and will be issued as soon as administratively possible from the K-C payroll system.
For more details about this benefit, contact ConnectYourCare/Optum Financial.