How the Plan Works
Critical Illness (CI) insurance, administered by Voya, helps provide you and your family members with financial support during a covered critical illness.
The plan pays a cash benefit, to you or your covered dependent, equal to:
- Up to $10,000 for you, or
- Up to $5,000 for your covered dependent.
You pay for the cost of this coverage through after-tax paycheck deductions. The amount you pay will vary based on your age, coverage level, and tobacco use status.
Want to learn more?
Click here to learn more about Critical Illness with Voya including videos, real-life examples, plan highlights, FAQs, and claim filing information.
- You get to choose how to use the cash benefit. You can pay for things like household expenses, medical costs, etc., and avoid tapping into other savings like your 401(k) or HSA.
- Coverage is “guaranteed issue”—no answers to medical questions are required. Pre-existing condition exclusions apply.
- Benefits are in addition to any other coverage, such as K-C medical benefits.
Among others, critical illnesses covered by the plan include heart disease and stroke, Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, and several types of cancer.
Learn more about the benefits and tools available through Voya by visiting Voya's Resource Center.
File a Claim
Click here to visit Voya’s website to submit an eligible claim. In order to complete your claim, you may need the following information:
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Insurance Information (including Group Name and Group Number)
- Mailing address
- Banking information if applicable
Learn more about the benefits and tools available through Voya by visiting Voya's Resource Center. For questions, call Voya at 888-238-4840. Representatives are available from Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. ET to 6:30 p.m. ET.