To help your career development at K-C, we offer education assistance up to $5,250 per year for eligible expenses. This benefit enables you to enhance your skills in your current job and to prepare for growth opportunities within K-C.
Steps to Take
Here’s an overview of the steps you'll need to follow when participating in the program:
- Find a course, certification, pass-fail class, or software program that meets the eligibility requirements.
- Get your Team Leader’s approval.
- Set up your direct deposit at NetBenefits by clicking Flexible spending and reimbursement accounts on the homepage then Link a Bank Account > Add a Bank Account.
- Earn a grade of C or higher (not applicable for certifications, pass-fail courses, or software).
- Submit your receipts, grade report, Reimbursement Request Form, and/or other required documentation to Fidelity within 90 days of course completion.
- Receive reimbursement by direct deposit.
Education Assistance Criteria
The following criteria must be met:
- you have Team Leader approval that it aligns with your K-C development,
- your course begins on or after your hire date,
- your course or program is offered by an accredited institution (except in the case of software, certification, and pass/fail courses or programs), and
- you provide proof of successful completion of a qualifying course, with a grade of C or higher or completion certificate of passed for a pass/fail course or program.
Eligible Education Programs
If you and your Team Leader agree that the education program is consistent with your development needs, the following programs are eligible:
- associate and bachelor degrees,
- graduate degree programs,
- college courses that are taken for college credit and a grade, but are not part of a degree program,
- vocational and technical programs,
- certification programs,
- pass/fail courses, and
- home study programs.
Language software may qualify for reimbursement if studying the language is related to your job or career development and is approved by your team leader.
The following expenses for approved courses and programs are eligible for reimbursement:
- tuition and tuition-related fees,
- certification fees,
- pass/fail courses,
- software fees,
- assigned or recommended textbooks or course-related software, and
- expenses related to the cost of language software.
Submit for Reimbursement
After following the education assistance criteria above, here’s how to submit for reimbursement.
- Log in to your NetBenefits account.
- From the homepage, click Flexible Spending and Reimbursement Accounts. If you haven’t set-up your direct deposit information, click Link a Bank Account then Add a Bank Account.
- After your direct deposit information is entered, on the Flexible Spending and Reimbursement Accounts page, select Reimburse yourself for Adopt, Surr or Educ.
- Once on the Accounts / File a Claim Page, select Education Assistance under Pay From and select Myself from Pay To.
- On the receipts page, attach the required documentation including the Reimbursement Request Form.
- On the Claims Details page, the start and end date of service should be the date your course was completed. If your course was completed within 90 days but in a previous year, use January 1 as the start and end date of service. Add the amount you’re requesting to be reimbursed for. In the institution field, add the institution from which you received courses. Then select the applicable type of expense from the drop-down menu. Add a description and follow the prompts to submit your claim.
For more details about this benefit, call Fidelity at 800-551-2333 or view the Education Assistance Policy.