To help your career development at K-C, we offer education assistance up to $5,250 per year for eligible expenses. This benefit enables you to enhance your skills in your current job and to prepare for growth opportunities within K-C.
Steps to Take
Here’s an overview of the steps you'll need to follow when participating in the program:
- Find a course, certification, pass-fail class, or software program that meets the eligibility requirements.
- Get your team leader’s approval.
- Set up your account and direct deposit at Optum Financial (formerly known as ConnectYourCare).
- Earn a grade of C or higher (not applicable for certifications, pass-fail coures, or software).
- Submit your receipts, grade report and/or other required documentation through Optum Financial within 90 days of course completion and before the annual December 20 deadline.*
- Receive reimbursement by direct deposit.
*If you submit documentation after the annual December 20 deadline, you'll be reimbursed from the following year's allocation.
Education Assistance Criteria
The following criteria must be met:
- you have team leader approval that it aligns with your K-C development,
- your course begins on or after your hire date,
- your course or program is offered by an accredited institution (except in the case of software, certification, and pass/fail courses or programs), and
- you provide proof of successful completion of a qualifying course, with a grade of C or higher or completion certificate of passed for a pass/fail course or program.
Eligible Education Programs
If you and your team leader agree that the education program is consistent with your development needs, the following programs are eligible:
- associate and bachelor degrees,
- graduate degree programs,
- college courses that are taken for college credit and a grade, but are not part of a degree program,
- vocational and technical programs,
- certification programs,
- pass/Fail courses, and
- home study programs.
Language software may qualify for reimbursement if studying the language is related to your job or career development and is approved by your team leader.
The following expenses for approved courses and programs are eligible for reimbursement:
- tuition and tuition-related fees,
- certification fees,
- pass/fail courses,
- software fees,
- assigned or recommended textbooks or course-related software, and
- expenses related to the cost of language software.
Submit for Reimbursement
After following the education assistance criteria above, here’s how to submit for reimbursement.
- Log in to your account at Optum Financial. If you haven’t set-up your direct deposit information, click Settings & Preferences then Bank Accounts.
- After your direct deposit information is entered, on the homepage click Make a Payment then click Reimburse Myself.
- For the service date, select the date you started school and enter the information related to the education expense (e.g school name, amount paid).
- After entering the information related to your education expenses in Step 2, attach your receipts, grade report, and/or other required documentation. To receive reimbursement, your documentation must be submitted within 90 days of course completion and before the annual deadline of December 20. If you submit documentation after the annual December 20 deadline, you'll be reimbursed from next year's allocation.