How the Plan Works
Accident Insurance administered by Voya pays you cash when you or a covered dependent is recovering from an accidental injury.
The plan pays a defined cash benefit, based on a schedule of specific treatments and services received. For example, the plan may pay $375 per day for a hospital stay and $360 for ground ambulance services. You pay for the cost of this coverage through after-tax paycheck deductions.
Want to learn more?
Click here to learn more about Accident Insurance with Voya including videos, real-life examples, plan highlights, FAQs, and claim filing information.
- You get to choose how to use the cash benefit. You can pay for things like household expenses, medical costs, etc., and avoid tapping into other savings like your 401(k) or HSA.
- Coverage is “guaranteed issue” — no answers to medical questions are required. Pre-existing condition exclusions apply.
- Benefits are in addition to any other coverage, such as K-C medical benefits.
The plan pays a cash benefit for a wide range of treatments and services related to accidental injury. Learn more about the benefits and tools available through Voya by visiting Voya's Resource Center.
File a Claim
Click here to visit Voya’s Resource Center to submit an eligible claim. In order to complete your claim, you may need the following information:
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Insurance Information (including Group Name and Group Number)
- Mailing address
- Banking information if applicable