Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
Whether you're adding to your family through adoption or surrogacy, K-C wants to help you pay for some of your expenses with up to $10,000 in reimbursement for eligible expenses per child.
If you decide to pursue adoption or surrogacy, hold on to your receipts and documentation when you pay for the adoption or surrogacy related expenses.
Eligible Adoption & Surrogacy Expenses
Below are some of the eligible reimbursement expenses.
- Domestic and foreign agency fees
- Travel expenses associated with the adoption or surrogacy,
- Legal fees and court costs associated with the adoption or surrogacy,
- Home inspection costs for adoption,
- Miscellaneous fees such as immigration, immunization, and translation fees
For more detailed information, view the Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Policy.
Submit for Reimbursement
You can only submit for reimbursement once the adoption/surrogacy is finalized. You must submit all expenses at one time with the Reimbursement Request Form. Here’s how to submit for reimbursement.
1. Log in to your NetBenefits account.
2. From the homepage, click Flexible Spending and Reimbursement Accounts. If you haven’t set-up your direct deposit information, click Link a Bank Account then Add a Bank Account.
3. After your direct deposit information is entered, on the Flexible Spending and Reimbursement Accounts page, select Reimburse yourself for Adopt, Surr or Educ.
4. Once on the Accounts / File a Claim Page, select Adoption Assistance or Surrogacy Assistance under Pay From and select Myself from Pay To.
5. On the receipts page, attach the required documentation including the Reimbursement Request Form.
6. On the Claims Details page, enter the date your adoption/surrogacy assistance was finalized as the start and end date of service. Add the amount you’re requesting to be reimbursed for. In the provider field, add the adoption or surrogacy agency/company or yourself if not applicable. Then select the applicable type of expense from the drop-down menu. Add a description and follow the prompts to submit your claim.
To receive reimbursement, your documentation must be submitted within 180 days from the finalized date of adoption or surrogacy. This payment is subject to tax withholdings and will be issued as soon as administratively possible from the K-C payroll system.
For questions, call Fidelity at 800-551-2333. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. ET to 8:30 p.m. ET.