Kimberly Clark

Changing your Relationship Status

When there is a change in your relationship status, some changes to your K-C benefits will be necessary. You’ll have the opportunity to re-enroll in some of your benefits and it’s best to do it as soon as possible after your change in status is official.

In the First 30 Days!

Adjust Your Dependent Elections in Your K-C Benefits

Different benefit plans handle this addition in different ways—so read the relevant Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD). Click on Plan Information and choose Summary Plan Descriptions and Policy Booklets to make sure you understand the eligibility rules.

You have 30 days from your change in status to log in to K-C Benefit Compass and add/drop a dependent. Choose the Life Events tile, then select the Marriage or Divorce option, and follow the instructions.

Update Your Beneficiaries and Your Tax Withholding

They’re easy steps to forget, but you need to adjust your beneficiaries in several of your benefit plans (including K-C’s Income Protection benefits) to ensure you're protected if disaster strikes.

And, if you want a different amount withheld from your paycheck for tax purposes, update your preferences on the UKG Pro Portal. For help, call the UKG Payroll Service Center K-C & Me Live Support at 833-442-5275 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET.

A Note on Dependent Eligibility Verification

In the future, you'll be required to provide documentation certifying your new dependent’s eligibility for benefits—so don’t lose track of your marriage license or similar document(s). Click here to learn more about the documents required and how to submit them to Empyrean.

Have your plans for retirement changed?

Don’t forget to think about any impact your relationship change will have on your retirement plans. With a change in relationship status, it's important to ask yourself if you need to increase your savings. Fidelity offers financial planning assistance at no cost to you!

Getting Help With Change

Change can be hard. You may also want to consider consulting with a legal advisor or counselor. The K-C Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can refer you to a relationship counselor at no cost to you.


This site is provided to help Kimberly-Clark (K-C) employees better understand their benefit plans. It does not guarantee coverage under a plan and does not provide complete descriptions of K-C benefit plans. K-C reserves the right to change these plans at any time. In all cases, the formal Plan Documents will govern.

If you are an organized hourly employee covered by these plans, see your HR representative or other person designated at your unit for information on how your plan(s) may differ from the information on this site. You may also call the Benefits Information Line at 800-551-2333. Empyrean representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET and Fidelity representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET. From outside the U.S., dial your country’s toll-free AT&T Direct Access number then enter 800-551-2333.