Kimberly Clark

Saving for Your Health Care Expenses

The Flexible Spening Account (FSA) allows you to set aside money from your paycheck on a pre-tax basis. K-C offers two FSA options depending on your medical election:

  • Limited Use FSA - If you’re enrolled in one of K-C’s CDHP with HSA plan options, you’re eligible to participate in the Limited-Use FSA to pay for eligible dental and visions expenses in addition to the HSA.
  • General Purpose FSA - If you're enrolled in the CDHP with HRA or have no medical coverage with K-C, you can use your general-purpose FSA dollars to pay for eligible medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision expenses.

Your Contributions

When you enroll in a General Purpose or Limited Use FSA*, you choose an annual amount to contribute. The amount you elect is evenly deducted over the course of the year from your paycheck, pre-tax.

  • Minimum: $120/year
  • Maximum: $2,600/year*

*If both you and your spouse contribute to an FSA, consult with a tax advisor to understand how much you can contribute. If you don’t use all of your FSA dollars by December 31, you can carry over up to $500 in this account from year-to-year as long as you’re an active employee. Any unused dollars over $500 are forfeited.


Eligible Expenses

The expenses you can pay for with your FSA depends if you have an HSA and is defined by the IRS. For a complete list of eligible expenses, use the ConnectYourCare link on the Get Help page of K-C Benefit Compass, or review IRS Publication 502. These lists are subject to change at any time and varies based on whether your account is classified as General Purpose or Limited Use.

Using Your LUFSA Dollars

You have several convenient options when it comes time to pay for an eligible expense. Regardless of which option(s) you use, always keep your itemized receipts.

ConnectYourCare Payment Card: When you enroll in the LUFSA, you’ll receive this card that you can use, like a normal credit card, to pay directly from your LUFSA for your dental and vision expenses. Generally, ConnectYourCare is able to verify eligibility of your expense and no additional action is needed by you, but in rare cases where an itemized receipt may be required, ConnectYourCare will notify you.

Direct Deposit Reimbursement to You: If you pay for an eligible expense using personal funds, use ConnectYourCare's mobile app or online tool to submit a reimbursement claim.

Pay a Provider: Use this online feature to request that ConnectYourCare issue payment directly from your LUFSA to your health care provider.

Call ConnectYourCare 24/7, 365 days a year if you need help using your account or filing claims.

Key Dates

December 31, 2018

Last day to incur eligible expenses for the 2018 General Purpose or Limited Use FSA. If you leave K-C before the end of the year, you have until the end of the month in which your last day of work occurs, unless you elect COBRA, to extend how long you can incur expenses.

March 31, 2019

Last day to file all 2018 General Purpose or Limited Use FSA claims.


This site is provided to help Kimberly-Clark (K-C) employees better understand their benefit plans. It does not guarantee coverage under a plan and does not provide complete descriptions of K-C benefit plans. K-C reserves the right to change these plans at any time. In all cases, the formal Plan Documents will govern.

If you are an organized hourly employee covered by these plans, see your HR representative or other person designated at your unit for information on how your plan(s) may differ from the information on this site. You may also call the Benefits Information Line at 800-551-2333. Empyrean representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET and Fidelity representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET. From outside the U.S., dial your country’s toll-free AT&T Direct Access number then enter 800-551-2333.