2024 Annual Enrollment
At K-C, we’re committed to offering comprehensive benefits to support you and your family’s overall wellbeing. With Annual Enrollment just around the corner, it’s a perfect time to brush up on your benefits and explore what’s available for the coming year. It’s also your opportunity each year to make any changes to your K-C benefits. You can view the full Annual Enrollment Guide which provides details on all the new and enhanced benefits we’re offering for 2024.
Note: For employees covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), please refer to your CBA for full details on your benefits eligibility. For information on the 2024 changes for your site, refer to the Annual Enrollment Guide that was mailed to your home.
Attend the K-C Virtual Benefits Fair
We are excited to announce K-C’s first ever virtual benefits fair! This online event, which will be held leading up to and during Annual Enrollment, will help you learn more about your K-C benefits and how you can leverage them to support your and your family’s health and wellbeing. This will take place October 16 to November 3. Visit kcbenefits.vfairs.com for more information and mark your calendar to attend web sessions that are most convenient for you!
What's New for 2024?
Don’t forget! Effective January 1, 2024, K-C is introducing enhancements and new benefit programs to better support your overall financial, emotional, and physical wellbeing. This year’s Annual Enrollment Guide has more details on all of these new features.
Supporting Your Path to Parenthood
The infertility coverage under K-C’s Medical Plan will increase to a $45,000 lifetime maximum (previously $20,000). K-C's Medical Plan will also now cover fertility preservation (egg, sperm, and embryo freezing). Additionally, for births or adoptions on or after January 1, 2024, K-C has increased parental leave from 7 to 8 weeks and increased adoption and surrogacy assistance from $10,000 to $15,000 and expanded the benefit to provide reimbursement for eligible adoption expenses of blood relatives and children of spouses/domestic partners.
New Family-Building Resources
In 2024, you'll have access to Maven, a new high-touch, no-cost family-building coaching service. The services will be able to provide you and your spouse/partners (even if you aren’t enrolled in a K-C Medical Plan) with support in every stage of your family-building journey. More information on how to access family-building services with Maven will be provided in K-C’s Benefits Buzz newsletter in December.
New Menopause Support
Beginning January 1, 2024, you and your spouse/partner (even if you aren’t enrolled in a K-C Medical Plan) will also have access to menopause support with Maven at no cost. More information on how to access menopause services with Maven will be provided in K-C’s Benefits Buzz newsletter in December.
To help you get better access to medical care, we now have enhanced benefits for hearing aids; physical, speech, occupational, and chiropractic therapy; skilled nursing; bariatric surgery; and gender affirmation care/services.
Expanded Dental Care
If you or a covered dependent have a qualifying chronic condition and are enrolled in K-C's dental benefit, you'll have access to more dental visits in 2024 through Delta Dental's SmileWay® Enhanced Benefits program. More information will be provided in K-C’s Benefits Buzz newsletter in December.
- You'll have until 11:59 p.m. ET on November 3 to complete your enrollment online.
- Other coverage impacts your HSA eligibility: During the enrollment process, you’ll be asked to designate your Health Savings Account (HSA) eligibility. If you’re not eligible for an HSA, you’ll be offered a Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP) with a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) that meets IRS regulations. To learn more about HSA eligibility and/or the CDHP with HRA, click here.
- Information and paperwork needed if adding a new, eligible dependent: Documentation is required for each new dependent you add and is due 30 days from the date you complete your enrollment. For more information, click here.
How to Enroll
You’ll need to complete your 2024 Annual Enrollment between October 23 and November 3.
To enroll from work
Go to K-C & Me and select Empyrean under My Applications.
To enroll from home
Go directly to kcbenefitcompass.com.
When you complete your enrollment online, keep in mind the following:
- As you go through the online enrollment process, you may see a “recalculating” message on your screen. This means the system is calculating your paycheck costs as you move through each benefit.
- For benefits that use your base pay to determine your coverage amount (e.g., life insurance), the system uses your pay as of July 1 (or your hire date if later) to calculate your coverage for the following year.
If You Don't Take Action
If you don’t take action by the deadline, here’s what to expect:
- Medical Plan Option: If you don't enroll by November 3, your medical plan option will default to the plan you’re currently enrolled in. If you declined coverage in 2023, you’ll continue with no coverage in 2024.
- Working Spouse/Partner Surcharge: If your spouse or partner is enrolled in K-C medical coverage, you'll be charged the $100 monthly surcharge.
- Savings & Spending Account(s): You’ll have no employee savings or spending account contributions, meaning you’ll miss out on an opportunity to lower your taxable income.
- Tobacco-user Status: You’ll default to tobacco-user status, meaning you may miss out on the $240 tobacco-free discount on your annual medical paycheck costs.
After You Enroll
Once you’ve completed your enrollment, here’s what to expect:
- Confirmation Email: Within 24 hours of completing your enrollment, you’ll receive a confirmation email from Empyrean at your K-C email address.
- Changing Elections: If you need to make changes to your elections before enrollment ends, log in to kcbenefitcompass.com by 11:59 ET on November 3, and click Annual Enrollment Event – Confirmed.
Call the K-C Benefits Information Line at 800-551-2333 and choose the Health & Welfare option. Empyrean representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET with extended hours to 6 p.m. ET during Annual Enrollment.
New Benefit App & Website
We understand it is often difficult to remember all the benefits K-C offers and how we support them. We are excited to announce a mobile app/website coming in 2024 to help you view your benefits and policies—all in one place. This will be personalized to you based on the benefits available to you and your family. You’ll learn more about this experience in 2024 when it launches.