2023 Benefits Changes
There are some big changes coming on January 1, 2023. Take some time to learn about what’s changing and how K-C continues to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your financial, emotional, and physical wellbeing. Here are the highlights:
Note: For employees covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), please refer to your CBA for full details on your benefits eligibility. For information on the 2023 changes for your site, refer to the Annual Enrollment Guide and cover letter that was mailed to your home.
- Increased 401(k) Match: Starting January 1, 2023, the 401(k) match will increase from 4% to 5%.
- Saving, Spending, and Reimbursement Accounts Are Moving: In addition to your 401(k), you’ll access the following benefits and accounts through Fidelity in 2023:
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Commuter Benefits
- Education Assistance
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance
Important—Your Action Required
Your HSA is an individually owned bank account. This means that during enrollment you must provide consent for K-C to move your HSA to Fidelity. You'll also be required to accept Fidelity's terms and conditions to open your new HSA.
If you don't provide consent:
- your HSA balance will remain with Optum and be subject to a monthly account fee,
- you won’t have an HSA with Fidelity,
- you won’t receive your 2023 HSA contribution from K-C (if eligible), and
- your 2023 HSA contribution election will be canceled.
- New EAP through SupportLinc: K-C’s EAP will transition to SupportLinc in 2023, which includes new ways to get connected for support, an increase in annual counseling visits from 6 to 10, and more!
Time Away from Work:
- New Caregiver Leave: Beginning January 1, 2023, we’re adding 40 hours of paid time off to help employees care for a qualifying family member’s serious health condition.
- Enhanced Military Leave: As of June 1, 2022, we have enhanced our military leave benefits which includes paid leave for new enlistments, inactive-duty training, annual active duty required training, active-duty deployment, and post-deployment.
More Flexibility for Parental Leave: In 2023, new parental leave requests have more flexibility.
- Parental leave may be taken either in one continuous block of time (7 calendar weeks) or intermittently, in a minimum of calendar-week increments.
- Parental leave must be used within 12 months following the date of birth or adoption.
- Company-Designated Holidays Increase from 8 to 9: With the addition of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, company-designated holidays will increase from 8 to 9.
- Update to Bereavement Leave: The bereavement leave allotment will change from hours to days.
- Changes to Vacation Payout: The payout of unused vacation will be eliminated if you leave K-C unless required by state law.
- Low Medical Plan Premium Increase: To help offset some of the medical changes outlined below, you’ll notice only a 3% increase in your medical plan premiums for 2023 (typical annual increase is 5%-8%).
- Changes to Deductibles & Out-of-Pocket Maximums: Annual deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums will increase in 2023.
- New Working Spouse/Partner Surcharge: K-C offers coverage to all spouses/partners, but for those who have access to medical coverage through their employer, K-C will apply a $100 monthly surcharge if you choose to continue to cover them on the K-C medical plan.
- Prescription Drug Changes: Effective January 1, 2023, certain brand-name long-term maintenance prescription drugs, for which generic alternatives are available, will be subject to 20% coinsurance until you reach the out-of-pocket maximum.
- Increased HSA Contribution Limits: The IRS has increased the pre-tax HSA contribution limits for 2023.
- New Virtual Physical Therapy Benefit: In 2023, K-C is adding an a virtual physical therapy program through Hinge Health for you and and your family members (enrolled in a K-C medical plan) with no copays or office visit fees.
This site is provided to help Kimberly-Clark (K-C) employees better understand their benefit plans. It does not guarantee coverage under a plan and does not provide complete descriptions of K-C benefit plans. K-C reserves the right to change these plans at any time. In all cases, the formal Plan Documents will govern.
If you are an organized hourly employee covered by these plans, see your HR representative or other person designated at your unit for information on how your plan(s) may differ from the information on this site. You may also call the Benefits Information Line at 800-551-2333. Empyrean representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET and Fidelity representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET. From outside the U.S., dial your country’s toll-free AT&T Direct Access number then enter 800-551-2333.