2022 Annual Enrollment
Enroll October 18 through October 29
New for 2022
It’s time to take a look at your benefits and learn about what’s changing for 2022. Set aside some time to review this year’s Annual Enrollment Guide for details about some great new enhancements we’ve made for all salaried and non-organized production employees, effective January 1, 2022. Here are some highlights:
- Domestic Partner Coverage: You can now enroll your domestic partner and their child(ren) in your health & welfare benefits for coverage beginning January 1, 2022. Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) eligibility will also expand to include your domestic partner and their child(ren). Note: Imputed income may apply. You’re encouraged to seek legal/tax advice before adding your domestic partner to your benefits.
- Increased Parental Leave: The Parental Leave benefit will increase from 160 hours to 280 hours for births or adoptions on or after January 1, 2022, to allow more time for you to bond with your new addition.
- Commuter Benefits: Using the new Commuter Benefits, you can set aside money on a pre-tax basis to pay for your eligible transit and/or parking expenses using a new Commuter Benefits Payment Card. Click here to learn more.
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance: This new plan pays a cash benefit if you have a covered stay in a hospital, intensive care unit, or rehabilitation facility to cover expenses. You may also be eligible to receive a fixed daily amount on top of the standard cash benefit. Click here to learn more.
- Pet Insurance: With Pet Insurance, you can protect yourself from the cost of unexpected vet expenses while your dog and/or cat gets the care they need. Click here to learn more.
- Legal & Identity Theft Protection: This new benefit gives you access to legal assistance on a variety of legal matters. It also provides you access to a triple credit monitoring service with CyberScout and up to $1 million of ID theft coverage to protect your digital life. Click here to learn more.
If you have questions about any of these new benefits or want to enroll via phone, call the K-C Benefits Information Line at 800-551-2333 and choose the Health & Welfare option. During Annual Enrollment, Empyrean representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET.
2022 Annual Rates
For information on your annual paycheck costs for health care benefits, click here.
Things to Consider
- How other coverage outside of K-C impacts your HSA eligibility:
During the enrollment process, you’ll be asked to designate your HSA eligibility. If you’re enrolled in TRICARE, Medicare, or a non-high deductible health plan outside of K-C, the IRS specifies that you cannot contribute to or receive company contributions to an HSA. There are also special eligibility considerations for Veterans Administration benefits.
If you’re ineligible for an HSA, you’ll be offered a CDHP with a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) that meets IRS regulations. To learn more about HSA eligibility and/or the CDHP with HRA, click here.
- What information and paperwork you’ll need if adding a new, eligible dependent:
You’ll need their Social Security Number, date of birth, and address (if different from yours). Once you add them, you’ll need to select the benefit coverage you’d like them to have (e.g., medical, dental). Documentation is required for each new dependent you add and is due 30 days from the date you complete your enrollment. For more information on the documentation required, click here.
Enroll in your benefits October 18 – October 29 on K-C Benefit Compass.
When you complete your enrollment online, keep the following in mind:
- As you go through the online enrollment process, you may see a “recalculating” message on your screen. This means the system is calculating your paycheck costs as you move through each benefit.
- You’ll have until 11:59 p.m. ET on October 29 to complete your enrollment online.
If You Don’t Take Action
If you don’t enroll by the deadline, here’s what to expect:
- Medical Plan Option: You and your covered dependents will default into the medical plan option you’re currently enrolled in. If you declined coverage in 2021, you’ll continue with no coverage in 2022.
- Savings & Spending Account(s): You’ll have no employee saving or spending account contributions, meaning you’ll miss out on the opportunity to lower your taxable income.
- Tobacco User Status: You’ll default to tobacco-user status, meaning you’ll miss out on the $240 Tobacco-Free discount on your annual medical paycheck costs.
After You Enroll
Once you’ve completed your enrollment, here’s what to expect:
- Confirmation Email: Within 24 hours of completing your enrollment, you’ll receive a confirmation email from Empyrean at your K-C email address.
- Changing Elections: If you need to make changes to your elections before enrollment ends, log in to kcbenefitcompass.com before 11:59 ET on October 29, and click Annual Enrollment Event – Confirmed. If you need help, call 800-551-2333 and choose the Health & Welfare option.