Eligibility for benefits varies by location and by benefit. Below are some general guidelines for eligibilty.

Your Eligibility

You're eligible for coverage as long as you're employed at one of the Participating Employers and its Participating Units that has adopted this Plan, you're not classified as a temporary or intermittent employee, and you're classified as one of the following:

  • A full-time or part-time salaried or hourly non-organized employee.
  • A full-time hourly organized employee who works at any of the following locations:

    • Chester;
    • Kimtech;
    • Marinette;
    • Mobile; or
    • Neenah Cold Spring (including former Lakeview satellite employees).
  • A full-time or part-time hourly organized employee who works at Fullerton.

You can learn more about location and plan-specific eligibility requirements during the benefits enrollment process on NetBenefits and K-C Benefit Compass. You can also find information in benefit Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs). On NetBenefits, under Quick Links, click Plan Information and Documents. On K-C Benefit Compass, click on the Plan Information tile, scroll down, and choose Summary Plan Descriptions and Policy Booklets.

PageItems Stamp1

Dependent Eligibility

If you enroll for K-C benefits, you can also cover your dependents. However, they need to meet the following requirements:

  • Legal spouse or common-law spouse (only if the common-law marriage is recognized in the state in which you live).
  • Children, including any of the following:
    • Your natural (biological) children;
    • Your stepchildren;
    • Your foster children who are placed with you or your spouse by an authorized placement agency or by a judgment, decree, or other order of any court or competent jurisdiction (requires court-approved custody);
    • Your legally adopted children or children placed with you for adoption (provided such children will be eligible children once the adoption is finalized);
    • Children for whom you have legal guardianship (requires court-approved custody); and
    • Children of your surviving spouse.

When You Enroll

You'll be asked to provide the birth date and a valid Social Security Number (SSN) for each dependent you enroll. If you are enrolling a child under the age of one, a Social Security Number is not necessary. If your dependent over age one does not have a Social Security Number, be sure to check the No SSN box when adding information online; however, you're responsible for adding the SSN as soon as it's issued. You'll receive requests from Empyrean for the SSN periodically as required by federal law until the SSN is on file.

K-C does require documentation, like birth or marriage certificates, when you enroll a dependent. You will be required to provide it within 30 days of completing your enrollment. The dependent verification requirements will appear in the benefits enrollment process on K-C Benefit Compass.

Read More

Benefits Information Line 800-551-2333 (U.S. & Canada)

Copyright | Disclaimer


This site is provided to help Kimberly-Clark (K-C) employees better understand their benefit plans. It does not guarantee coverage under a plan and does not provide complete descriptions of K-C benefit plans. K-C reserves the right to change these plans at any time. In all cases, the formal Plan Documents will govern.

If you are an organized hourly employee covered by these plans, see your HR representative or other person designated at your unit for information on how your plan(s) may differ from the information on this site. You may also call the Benefits Center at 800-551-2333 (U.S. & Canada) or 718-354-1340 (outside of U.S. & Canada) Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time.