Eligibility for benefits varies by location and by benefit. Below are some general guidelines for eligibilty.
You're eligible for coverage as long as you're employed at one of the Participating Employers and its Participating Units that has adopted this Plan, you're not classified as a temporary or intermittent employee, and you're classified as one of the following:
- A full-time or part-time salaried or hourly non-organized employee.
A full-time hourly organized employee who works at any of the following locations:
- Mobile; or
- Neenah Cold Spring (including former Lakeview satellite employees).
A full-time or part-time hourly organized employee who works at Fullerton.
You can learn more about location and plan-specific eligibility requirements during the benefits enrollment process on NetBenefits and K-C Benefit Compass. You can also find information in benefit Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs). On NetBenefits, under Quick Links, click Plan Information and Documents. On K-C Benefit Compass, click on the Plan Information tile, scroll down, and choose Summary Plan Descriptions and Policy Booklets.
If you enroll for K-C benefits, you can also cover your dependents. However, they need to meet the following requirements:
- Legal spouse or common-law spouse (only if the common-law marriage is recognized in the state in which you live).
- Same- or opposite-sex domestic partner. See K-C Benefit Compass for eligibility details and exclusions by plan or location.
- Children, including any of the following:
- Your natural (biological) children;
- Your stepchildren;
- Your foster children who are placed with you or your spouse/domestic partner by an authorized placement agency or by a judgment, decree, or other order of any court or competent jurisdiction (requires court-approved custody);
- Your legally adopted children or children placed with you for adoption (provided such children will be eligible children once the adoption is finalized);
- Children for whom you have legal guardianship (requires court-approved custody);
- Children of your surviving spouse; and
- Any children of your domestic partner.