2020 Annual Enrollment
At K-C, together we combine our care and dedication each day to make lives better for families all around the world. We use that same care and dedication within the company as we continue to look for new ways to make life better for you and your family.
Take time now to review the Annual Enrollment Guide to learn what’s new and changing effective January 1, 2020, for all salaried and non-organized production employees. Many of the changes outlined in the guide require no action from you. But it’s important to know what’s available so you can make the most of your K-C benefits in the coming year.
Choose your 2020 Benefits
October 21–November 1.
When completing your enrollment online, keep the following in mind:
- You’ll see a difference to K-C Benefit Compass and the online enrollment process, including new navigation.
- As you go through the online enrollment process, you may see a “recalculating” message on your screen. This means the system is calculating your paycheck costs as you move through each benefit.
- You’ll have until 11:59 p.m. ET on November 1 to complete your enrollment online.
If you have questions or want to enroll via phone, call the K-C Benefits Information Line at 800-551-2333 and choose the Health & Welfare option. Empyrean representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET. The hours will be extended to 6 p.m. ET during Annual Enrollment to provide you with more support.
Things to Consider
When completing your enrollment, consider the following:
- How other coverage outside of K-C impacts your HSA eligibility: During the enrollment process, you’ll be asked to designate your HSA eligibility. If you’re enrolled in TRICARE, Medicare, or a non-high deductible health plan outside of K-C, the IRS specifies that you cannot contribute to or receive company contributions into an HSA. There are also special eligibility considerations for Veterans Administration benefits. If you’re ineligible for an HSA, you’ll be offered a CDHP with a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) that meets IRS regulations. To learn more about HSA eligibility and/or the CDHP with HRA, click here.
- What information and paperwork you’ll need if adding a new, eligible dependent: You’ll need their Social Security Number, date of birth, and address (if different from yours). Once you add them, you’ll need to select the benefit you’d like them to have coverage for (e.g., medical, dental). Documentation is required for each new dependent you add and is due 30 days from the day you complete your Annual Enrollment.
If You Don’t Take Action
If you don’t enroll by the deadline, here’s what to expect:
- Medical Plan Option: You and your covered dependents will default into the medical plan option you’re currently enrolled in. If you declined coverage for 2019, you’ll continue with no coverage in 2020.
- Savings & Spending Account(s): You’ll have no employee savings or spending account contributions, meaning you’ll miss out on an opportunity to lower your taxable income.
- Tobacco User-Status: You’ll default to tobacco-user status, meaning you’ll miss out on the $240 Tobacco-Free discount on your annual medical paycheck costs
After You Enroll
Once you’ve completed your enrollment here’s what to expect:
- Confirmation Email: Within 24 hours of completing your enrollment, you’ll receive a confirmation email from Empyrean to your K-C email address.
- Changing Elections: If you need to make changes to your elections before enrollment ends, log in to K-C Benefit Compass on or before November 1 and click Annual Enrollment Event - Confirmed. If you need help, call 800-551-2333 and choose the Health & Welfare option.
Once Annual Enrollment ends, there may still be a few things that require action with K-C’s spending account and assistance program administrator, ConnectYourCare:
- Adoption and Education Reimbursement: You have until December 20 to submit your 2019 Adoption and Education Assistance claims. Any claims submitted after the annual 2019 deadline will be reimbursed from your 2020 allocation.
- FSA and DCSA Expenses: You have until December 31 to incur expenses against 2019 Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Spending Account (DCSA) balances.
- FSA and DCSA Claims: You have until March 31, 2020, to submit eligible 2019 FSA and DCSA claims (incurred January 1 – December 31, 2019).